Monday 15 October 2012

oct, 15th - oh, the stories they could tell....


[lace bonnet]

day 975 / 74:

i mentioned awhile back that a friend's aunt was finding beautiful lace, linen and crochet vintage gems for me from the North of England {see day 951 / 50}. i get these brown paper packages that honestly give me a fizz of excitement. i now have the most wonderful collection of lace trim, bonnets, christening gowns and collars. they are all being used to provide some inspiration for our own collection. (got to love good friends who support your new ventures by passing on these gems. thanks bon!)

now to get Claya modelling these bonnets before she gets too big.


[crochet bonnet]


[collection of collars]


[lace bonnet]

6 comments:

  1. how wonderful and cute! i am sure cayla will look sooo good in these vintage babywearings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very lovely. I am always admiring vintage children's garments at antique stores. They still have a lot of life in them. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtakingly beautiful. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dee, how did I miss this post ... they are just amazing, I can well understand your "Fizz" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The north is well known for it's lace.
    I'm kidding, I can't believe you managed to get hold of these gems! We have very few vintage shops here, most are charity shops filled with tat (I've found a few nice things in four years) or 'vintage' shops filled with over-priced stuff from 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails