Sunday 19 February 2012

feb, 19th - lunch at the nurseries....





day 743:

a really good friend was in town from Oz over the weekend and since some of us will not be able to make her wedding in March, we had a group hen lunch at the favourite, Petersham Nurseries {see days 603 & 621}.



we were in the restaurant dining room and enjoyed their fantastic hospitality (great bowls of spaghetti for the kids before we ate) and an incredible menu focused on the produce (as you would expect).







it's a stunning dining-room, with beautiful detail and lends itself wonderfully to a rambling lunch. which meant that we were there long after the other diners had left.....





10 comments:

  1. Daniel and I were ohhing and ahhing about this place today - it was featured in the Sydney Morning Herald. How lucky you were to experience it. Oh the beauty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at petersham nurseries this weekend too! How weird! I just love that place so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, that cake/tart/pie thing looks dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the same feature as Jodi .... a really great interview with Skye Gyngell,
    looks like amazing food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We nearly made our wedding there! It's lovely.

    Did I tell you that I have an exhibition of my photography on at the moment? It's at The Richard Young Gallery. Louise Bobbe - 'Behind Closed Doors'. If you're in the area do pop by. I'd love you to see my work.
    http://www.richardyounggallery.co.uk/2012/02/02/louise-bobbe-behind-closed-doors/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I REALLY LIKE YOUR BLOG:)......GREAT PICS AND SO MUCH INSPIRATION...I WISH YOU A LOVELY WEEKEND.
    LOVE MARIA AT INREDNINGSVIS.SE
    (SWEDEN)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi and Mandy, so many people have mentioned to me that they read the same article. How serendipitous that we were there to celebrate a good aussie friend's upcoming wedding :) Lottie, Ruby, agree, it's a delicious place all around. Louise, i tried to have Limi's birthday there but it doesn't seem to do kids' parties......what a beautiful place for a wedding. i hope that your exhibition will still be on when I get back from Hong Kong. i really love your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. and Maria, thank you! i wish you a lovely weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The next time I am in London, I am definitely visiting this place thanks to your accounts.
    I could look at your photo's all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog and LOVE it! Plus Petersham is one of my favorite places I have visited for lunch

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails