Saturday 3 July 2010

jul, 3rd - relationships....


[Limi and her Grandpa Bill...who has flown all the way from Australia to meet her]

day 141:

i've been thinking about Limi and the relationships that she will build with family and friends....if i think back to my childhood it was the special, individual relationships that i had with my parents, my siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles.....that created amazing memories.....


recently....my brother was recalling this fantastic moment with our Grandpa Pete:

"I remember sitting on the grandstands with Grandpa and having just got a watch and him making me tell the time to all his friends every 10 minutes....I was so proud that he was so proud"



[with her cousins Sheika and Ethan who are also in town.....
she adores them and their peek-a-boos]

the strange thing is (and hopefully I'm not the first person to feel this) there's a part of me that wants to be the centre of all these relationships of hers....but that's just silly...because although i can be a part of them and promote them, i've realised that i also need to give her the space to build her own relationships. (probably obvious to others but for me....it required words...to myself!)


[Limi with my sister who gets all the biggest smiles]

so at 4.5 months....it's time to let the apron strings stretch just a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails